Write About It
“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who
is sending a love letter to the world” ~ Mother Teresa
Ticket To Ride Activity
- Find your passion. Make a list of all the people, places, things that make you happy and calm. My Example: reading, books, writing, my kids, hiking, camping, coffee/cocoa, teaching, people, new places, new adventures
- Determine your Grand Destination. Looking at all those things, what ONE thing can you do or become that incorporates as much of your list as possible. My Example: Bookstore/Coffee shop Owner
- 10 wishes. Pretend for a minute that you become friends with a multi-millionaire who decides to grant you ten wishes to get you to your Grand Destination. List those wishes being as specific as possible.
- Fill out this template by writing down all the problems you see in your personal life, the community you live in, the nation, then the world. 99 Problems template
- Take a look at the problems you have listed. What one breaks your heart or gets you the most fired up? Can you think of a way to be a part of the solution to this problem? The Service Project Proposal is a good organizer to help you get ready to do something.
- Check back in with me and let me know what you did and how it went!
Word of the Year
Feeling a bit intimidated in picking a word? Need some inspiration? I always turn to writing to help me see things clearer. The following exercises will help you as you work towards picking a word that will direct your decisions for the year. Be as honest with yourself as you can be so this will be authentic.
- In as much detail as you can, write about the one thing that would bring you the most joy this year. It could be accomplishing a goal (like publishing a book), making a certain amount of money or getting out of debt, or finally clearing off your desk.
- Write five steps you would need to take to get to your big thing. When you get done, see what theme or pattern jumps out at you.
- What has been holding you back from accomplishing those steps? Be honest with yourself. How are you stopping you? When you get done, see what theme or pattern jumps out at you.
- List ten things you would like to do, create, or attract that would move you toward your big thing.
- What word or words have been a pattern through this exercise?
- How do you already live/embody this word in your daily life?
- How would you change to live/embody this word in your daily life?
- Finalize your word! Write it down and post it where you can see it daily. Share it with friends and family and ask them to be your accountability partners. Make goals based on your word.
Enjoy your word and make it be a fabulous year!